Brand Love Notes
2017 marks my 3rd year in the business, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that each of those years have been full of lessons learned. When I started Sahira Jewelry Design in 2014, the process of starting a jewelry brand was new to me. Taking this on was scary, and often stressful, but here are a few lessons I learned from starting, making mistakes, rebranding and starting again.
1. Trust your gut. This lesson took me a while to learn, and I definitely got there the hard way. You will be amazed at the results you can achieve when you finally trust yourself.
2. It’s all about your team. The success of a brand has everything to do with the team that brings it to life. I'm still a one man show, but surround yourself with people who believe in your vision and who show passion in what you do to make it real.
3. Inspiration is a practice. It’s more than a mood board, more than flipping through photos for hours on Pinterest, more than the never-ending Instagram scroll (which I'm super guilty of). It’s about connecting things: ideas, moments, materials, art, design, life experiences... My biggest inspiration comes from what I know and continuously learn about women, what they want (this one can be hard), and what motivates them.
4. Leap before you look. Don’t be afraid to do the thing.
5. Don’t apologize: for being you. For learning, listening or asking questions. For believing in yourself, or for needing a boost of confidence some days. Do apologize: if you mess up-- own your sh*t.
7. Rules were made to be broken...
8. … but always keep your word.